Thursday, January 5, 2012

Get Customers Using Facebook

Having a solid base of product customers can increase your residual checks each month (building reliable long term income) PLUS more customers can also lessen the weight on you as an individual to meet product quotas each month.

That means you can earn more and save more all at the same time.
That's just good business.


But How Do You Find Potential Customers?

As I was clicking around on Facebook today, catching up on the latest news from friends, a thought occurred to me: "If I wanted to get some new customers on Facebook, how would I personally go about it?"

The resulting answer is the topic of today's blog post!

Here's 3 quick and easy ways I'd go about finding new customers on Facebook:


Idea 1: I'd start a Fanpage

I'd choose my topic based on an "ailment" my product cures or solves. This could be health related or service related. But I'd make sure to give my Fanpage a name that took a positive spin on the ailment my product is meant to solve and suggested I had a solution.

For example:

No one wants to "Like" a page called "Diabetes", that's just no fun. But people WILL "Like" a page called "Diabetes Help Tips" or "Conquer Diabetes". That's much more positive.

So, if I had a product that I personally used and it helped with my diabetes symptoms, then I'd start a Fanpage around the topic of providing helpful diabetes management tips. And, a couple times a week, I'd post helpful tips for my "Fans".

I wouldn't push info about my product. Instead, I'd use the "Info" page to provide a link to my website.

Starting a Fanpage wouldn't result in overnight sales...but it would be a good, solid way to begin building a base of people interested in a topic/problem that my product helps to solve
Idea 2: I'd do a search within Facebook for topics, company names, and people's names that are somehow related to the problems my prospect is having that my product could solve.

So, for example...let's say I don't feel like going to the trouble of starting my own Fanpage. Can I still find folks who are looking for ways to control their diabetes symptoms? Sure!

Step 1: Do a Google search for "diabetes" and see what sorts of websites and organizations show up. Write down the names of prominent websites, books, authors, and products on the market that are closely related to the topic of diabetes.

Step 2: Search on Facebook for those names, websites, books, authors, products, etcetera and see which of those already have Fanpages of their own (many will).

Step 3: "Like" a few of those pages and begin participating in the discussion.

Don't start posting links to your product on their "wall" - that's one quick way to get banned from the page. (If you post links to your opportunity on our wall, you might also find yourself getting banned too...)

Instead you want to see what others on the page are already chatting about and chime in here and there with a helpful tip, a quick suggestion, or a funny reply.

Get to know the people on the Fanpage, participate in the discussion, and become a valuable resource for information.

The result? People will click on your photo and check out your profile. You DO have your website and product info listed in your personal profile, right? If not - add it in there right now!

Idea 3: I'd write a "note"

Your Facebook profile has a feature called "Notes". These are similar to blog posts. You can add a note anytime you like and it will post in your update feed.

Just go to your profile page and look in the left sidebar - you'll see it there.

Write your "note" just like you'd write an article. If I were writing a note, I'd write about my personal experience with my product. How it helped me. What I liked about it. What excited me about it.

You get the idea.

Then, I'd simply add a link and some information about how to learn more.

Remember, notes aren't advertisements. They're like blog posts. So, just be yourself, share something interesting and important to you that you feel others would enjoy reading.

And most importantly...Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment